Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Sprained My Ankle

A few days ago, I sprained my ankle.

During badminton training, I was playing a doubles match when I jumped to hit the shuttle and landed wrongly. A bone wobbling sound was heard. "What are you doing on the floor, Brian?". I found out I could hardly put any pressure on my left foot without it hurting. I don't even know if I got the badminton point.

The next day, I went to a doctor who gave me some lotion to rub on my ankle and a bandage to support it. A few of my fellow tuition-mates tried using my crutches (which were handed down to me from my dad) the correct way or as a gun.

I remember having sprained my ankle once before. It was at Holiday Villa, the hotel we go to play badminton in. Nope, I didn't sprain my ankle then. We got bored of badminton and I was with my cousin and brother at the bowling alley. What was that? I twisted my ankle while rolling the ball? I wish. I was chasing my cousin around the table. He grabbed a chair. Threw it in my way. Bang. The irony...

Anyway, my crutches make it hard to carry anything at all or go through small gaps. They also hurt my hands and armpits. They are clumsy, occasionally banging into objects around the house. Going up or down the stairs also proves to be quite dangerous. I have to sit when wearing pants or jeans since I cannot stand on my left foot.

These things happen.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yikes. I hope it heals speedily. Poor thing.