Sunday, January 13, 2008

Badminton Training

9th January 2008

Badminton training started that day.

I learned new skills, or rather, proper versions of my old badminton strokes. I discovered that with proper strokes, I need less brute force and use up less energy. I learned how to lob, do forehand lifts and backhand lifts.

I then played an 11 point game with a girl who was a regular trainee at the training academy who was very serious and practically shaking with anxiety. Her anxiety caused her strokes to be inaccurate and lost her many valuable points as she fumbled here and there.

I, on the other hand, had learned the three proper strokes that I had yet to master. The rest were homemade. When I started to play, I tried and failed to utilise the new strokes. After the first three points, I gave up all dignity and started playing my own way. My final score was 10.

After that, my brother and I went for what our mother thought was cooling down. The exercises were supposed to help you avoid getting muscle injuries after the training. We hopped, did push ups, duck-walked and many other weird and strenuous exercises. It seemed my mother was mistaken. It was actually stamina training!

If you have ever have gone through one of these trainings, you might have found yourself out of breath, shaking in the legs and perhaps gasping for water with no strength even to open a bottle cap. I couldn't even get through it all due to my asthma history.

That was the first day of my badminton training. I look forward to more training.

Except the part where they train your stamina.

No comments: