Friday, November 30, 2007

A soft prayer

I was attending my church prayer meeting on the 28-11-2007.

When it came to prayer time, we were all divided into groups. It being one of my first few times in a church prayer meet, I admit that I had reservations about praying aloud. Nevertheless, I told myself that I must find the 'courage'...

Finally, I plucked up the courage to pray aloud just as someone in my group finished praying. I launched into prayer... However, I noticed someone looking at me. Then, the person seated next to me kindly told me that someone else was already praying.

'What? Really? I don't hear anything', I thought, a little embarassed. I listened more keenly and lo and behold... a soft voice floated from the opposite end of the circle I was in. O.o' I could actually hear much better the voices of people praying in other groups.

The other person probably started praying while I was plucking up the courage to pray aloud. Good grief... I shall have to listen carefully before I start praying aloud, next time. XD

No comments: